With only 16% of Canadian businesses being owned/led by women, the Government of Canada recognizes that advancing women’s economic participation in the economy is good for the country’s bottom line and has set the goal of doubling the # of women-owned/women-led businesses by 2025.
A Project to stimulate women-owned and women-led business start-ups and scale-ups by increasing access to business development supports throughout the Northern Ontario region.
- Enable female entrepreneurs to access professional services they would typically not be able to afford on their own
- Enable female entrepreneurs to access experts in the transportation sector
- Provide access to consultants who can assist female entrepreneurs in operating more efficient businesses/realizing cost-saving measures
- Educate female entrepreneurs with regards to the regulatory requirements involved in exporting goods
- Provide female entrepreneurs with the opportunity to attend, free of charge, workshops on a variety of business related topics
The NOW project will take place Fall 2019 to Fall 2022 throughout Northern Ontario.
LAMBAC (LaCloche Manitoulin Business Assistance Corporation) located on Manitoulin Island, is the Host CFDC for the NOW Project, and all Community Future Development Corporations located throughout Northwest and Northeast Ontario are involved as Partner CFDCs.
Contact your local CFDC (Community Futures Development Corporation) to obtain an application and to find out more about this exciting project.
You can also email email@example.com to obtain an application.